i used a registry cleaner and cleaned out the registry, never
again will i do this it took the wrong stuff out . well the computer seemed ok
but i started noticing fonts missing and that my color will only display in
16 bit color . i did a registry restore and pretty much everything is back
to normal except the display color my 256 is still gone and i need it
desperately . i dont have a disk for the monitor dont even know
if it came with one . The typeof monitor it is reading is PLUG AND PLAY MONITOR
on standard PCI graphics ADAPTER ( VGA) . Not sure if that was the
setting before all of this took place or not . All was working fine until this .
I looked at the drivers that had been deleted and recovered them to
the correct INF folder .i recoverd all files that had been deleted
that were still in good working order.
i even tried to get it to search for another
driver to use but it says it is using the correct one .is there some kind
of download i can get or something i can do .
i have a good good bit of computer knowledge and catch on quick to
what i may not know . so if someone had any ideas please send them
my way .
in desperate need
butterflyblue:(

You wont find drivers for your monitor because they don't need drivers, your video card driver is what you need. Do you know what type or name of your VC is? If you dont download this:

SiSoft Sandra

To see what kind of video card you have.

thanks Warez Monster,
im downloading now it may take a little bit cause of dial-up LOL
as soon as i know something i will post back on here again . i tried to send you a PM to let you know this so i wouldnt have to post but it for some reason wont let me . would the registry cleaner cause this problem with the color ? I wouldnt think it would im kind of begining to wonder if it happened when my husband was practicing editing pictures .... I just showed him how .lol and im wondering if he didnt somehow mess with some kind of setting . I dont know im just guessing here . One more thing would this possible be the VC SiS_MM1.08e . that was one of the folders i recoverd . dont know if that is it or not .
still downloading
thanks
butterflyblue

its possible. never ever use a registry cleaner. If your going to clean the registry, know how to use it first of all, and know what the reg files mean before you delete it. If that was me, id just go ahead and reinstall xp. More than likely some thing will pop up sooner or later as an error..

ok it wont work on my computer forgot to mention i have Windows ME and the program will only work with NT .
is there another way to look it up . im looking at other programs like SISoft SANDRA .
thanks
butterflyblue

you have the SiS video chipset driver (intergrated vid on the MBD). You need to download the MBD chipset, or if you have a cd for it. It probably wont be a seperate video card driver cd, but a part of the main board or MBD cd. That, or download on line at the manufacturer site.

hi killians45
thanks for replying .
this is what i have found on my computer
SISsis530v.inf
Sis-mm1.08e
both of these files were in bad shape when i restored them.
im looking at a driver site & i have found several sis files
i have windows ME
and so far the one i found that i think would work is
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=87218
could you please look at it and tell me if you think it would work
i dont wan to harm my computer more that it already is .
i found a mainboard cd with sis 530 chipsets on it but there are several on there and i dont know which to install . and most are for win NT ??
thanks you
paige

you look fine with that. the inf file shows that you have the sis530 chipset, so either use the one on the mainboard cd, or download it. just to let you know, if its incorrect all you need to do is go into safe mode and reinstall as standard PCI graphics adapter (VGA) and start over. Since its XP it may come up with an error saying that it hasn't passed windows certification or some crap, that just means that microsoft can't vouch for it being compatible because they haven't given it its stamp of approval, just tell it to install anyway. after installing see that you can goto high color 16bit, or if for some reason you need it you can use the lower color of 256. I'm guessing your new at this, but not sure, so incase you already know this... sorry to tell you stuff you already know. Anyhow, high color (16 bit) is better than 256. Make sure its 16bit, and NOT 16 colors.

thank you to all who helped me im now back up and running with all of my lovely colors!!!! LOL i freaked out there for a moment because i loaded some from the main board disk and my computer wouldnt start up at all LOL but i gained control of it LOL
thanks
butterflyblue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom