Originally posted by dario03
So I can't use the full drive with just one letter (c: ) I have to split it, unless I use partition magic (which I've used in the past and it gave me problems)?
Whats up with that?
Yes, you can have a single partition over 137gb. Relax. Check the following:
1. Check that your BIOS is up to date.
2. Make sure the drivers for the drive are up to date.
3. Check your BIOS settings to see if you have them configured correctly, as some have an option for turning on or off the ability to use drives larger than 137gb. I can't tell you where (and if) such an option would be, since all motherboards are different. You'll have to do some poking around.
4. Run a chkdsk on the HDD and see what size drive it returns.
5. Check your BIOS and see if it reports drive sizes, and if so, what it is reporting.