22" Monitor... What HDTV Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
When I connected the monitor for the first time, I had my CRT connected as well so it started up the NVIDIA dual display wizard... it asked for a HDTV setting ranging from 480I (was it P?) to 1080I... what was I supposed to choose? Does it matter?

I selected 1080I and continued... all the different settings looked exactly the same...

Also... I bought a 18+1 Pin DVI to DVIcable at BestBuy since none of my other local stores had any DVI cables (other then the $50-$200 theather variations) since my monitor didn't come with one...

Do I need the 24 Pin variant? Or is this fine... from what I've read, apparently you only need the 24 Pin type when using resolutions above 1920x1200... I'm running at 1680 x 1050... is that ok? Should I return it and just order a new one from NewEgg?

Always try to run at the native resolution of the display if your graphics adapter can support that resolution. You'll probably get the best quality that way. Otherwise, the display would have to scale the incoming image to fit the pixels on the screen. Typically, "cheap" (what most people have) displays aren't too good at that.

And you only need a dual-link DVI cable if you have a resolution over WUXGA (1920x1200). Anything lower, single-link would do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom