$200 to spend.... what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I've been told many times that it's my CPU... not my card.

After I quit CS: Source Windows runs SUPER slow until I restart... what does this mean?

Thanks!

If Windows is running slower after you exit out of a game.. That could mean you have a memory leak. In which case you should really check and make sure all your applications that are actively running are the latest versions. If your CPU is being used up during game play, it is apparent adding more CPU power will increase performance.

If you say CS uses physic's, that would have a lot to do with needing more CPU power. In which case you should upgrade your processor.

xxkrnxstylezxx said:
hmmm...i get 99% when playing the old CS....and I have a P4 2.8ghz

you sure that means your CPU sucks? cause mine's fine and i can minimize with games on and still do stuff. no lag in game or out

oops nvm

that happens only for a second when i close it

Thanks a lot for your help! I will probably order my Athlon XP 3000+ w/ 400 FBS tomorow off NewEgg :D

Unless any of you guys have any more suggestions ;)

Thanks!

Well if you are comfortable with overclocking and have a board with adequate options the best choice is the 35w 2400+ XP-M, it's only 266FSB but has 512k L2 Cache and is highly overclockable. Currently I have mine sitting at 2.5GHz with a 333FSB until I get a gig kit of some PC3200 RAM at which time I'll have a 400FSB or higher because I also might OC my ram....

But yeah anyway, the 35w 2400+ XP-M is a mobile chip, but it's socket a so it fits in desktops, half the wattage, lower default vcore and nice high die temperature....best bang for your buck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom