2 Random Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahhhwhereditgo

Baseband Member
So this is my first time on these forums. I have had an odd problem recently, well the past couple of hours. Basically i just moved my computer from one room to another and no every like 5-10 minutes i get 2 short beeps from the system speaker. This just started since i moved it a few hrs ago. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I have no lockups, causes no problems what so ever, just couple distracting short beeps.

My specs are:
AMD 64 2800+ running at 31 degrees C
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Motherboard
512 MB Ram..have heatshields/sinks? i forget what they are called on the stick so i dont think its an overheating problem on that either
Radeon 8500

I've never seen that out of a k8ns before. Ghetto fix is to just unplug the speaker. If it isnt causing instability, ignore it. Make sure everything is plugged up firmly in the back? Make sure none of your connections are loose inside.

Yea I hear you, nothing dramatic happened to the computer during the 30 ft move either so it just confuses me. Id just disconnect it but I just worry that its warning me of a problem that could happen.

Should be, Im thinking theres a slight chance it could be one of my case fans. I opened the cases real quick after i unplugged it to move. Just wanted to give it a quick look to make sure there was no dust build up while the computer was already unplugged. Didnt touch anything because my cases has filters on the side to trap most dust before it enter. I did sort of play with one of the case fan cables to the power supply. I wouldnt even really say play just looked at it because i was curious to see if i had an extra cable open for a new video card i may get in the future. Turns out they all seem full with my case fans and such, so i should probably open it real quick and make sure they are all completely connected, although i really doubt that is the problem.

Hahaha, good point. Im wierd though, even if something doesnt affect the performance whatsoever i like to have everything running perfectly the way it should be. Not have the system speaker connected will bother me lol.

Hahahah wow I found the problem...well I didnt but its not my computer at all. Theres something around my computer thats beeping every 5 minutes that sounds like my computer... this is driving me crazy but i feel better that its not my computer. Didnt think it was my board, the boards been amazing since ive gotten it. Now to find what that stupid beep is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom