2 PSU in one case

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQ87

In Runtime
For those of you who has 2 Power supply in one case, how you get the 2nd to turn on?

I think no further information is needed for you experts...

For easy going, connect the normal PSU through your casing n mobo while the add on PSU connect to cdrom, dvdrom,burner n etc.Like that u can just start your machine like normal.

I only need the second one for my cathode lights so it doesn't get in my way when overclocking or playing to the max.

umm...cathodes take next to nothing in power consumption.
You might want to just get an adapter to hook them all up to the same line, and then into whatever other devices you need to plug in.

5 cathode tubes, 8ft neon string, 4 cathode fan grills, and 6 fans = 100+watts. Thats a huge chunk out of my 350w PSU. And i have a 9800 pro. I also have an extra 200w PSU, so i can save money instead of spending it on a 550w PSU. I also seen modded PCS with 2 PSU sucessfully supplying power to all their parts.

if your that worried.. i would just get a bigger PSU.. maybe a 420? cause i mean it seems like a 2nd PSU would make everything more complicated, more messy, and a better way to short somthing out on ur PC.

Uping from 350 to 420 still won't be enough for the specs requirement.

Ummm try out with 2 PSu's b/c u wont have to spend money but if u do buy a PSU dont go 420 just step into a 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom