2 GB RAM vs. 1GB Dual Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not exactly twice as fast, i wish I had the research for when I wanted to answer this question, cept mine was with 2 512s or 1 gig.

Anyways the dual channel runs 'almost' twice as fast.

well back to the point of this thread...

in my opinion dual channel 1 gig is the way to go, because most the time you dont need 2 gig at all, and this way you see the dual channel increase from the get go and through alll gaming and usage

Jerk.

Nah, I'm jokin. Go ahead, your taking the question further, gives me more to learn.

So I got 512mb x 2 set up in dual channel, will give me mucho performance over 2 gigs (I only would have the 2 gigs so I can say I have 2 gigs in my computer, really no other reason other than that) Now, to achieve the maximum performance from my RAM set in Dual Channel, are there any settings I have to mess with to get it to work awesome?

A note on the dual channel discussion:

One stick of PC3200 allows 3.2 GB/s of information to sent. When two sticks of PC3200 are run in dual channel, 6.4 GB/s of information are being sent. Running in dual channel doesn't change the speed of the RAM, it just lets twice as much information go through at one time, which makes it seem like the RAM is running faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom