2 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessor17

Baseband Member
im jw....... this might not be right at all but...... say u get a dual core processor along with 4 gigs of ram and 2 video cards .... so you have dual monitors right.... could you assign like 2 gigs to one monitor the other 2 to another 1 gpu to a monitor the other gpu to the other and one core of the process to one monitor and the other core to the other monitor... in theory making almost for 2 computers?? lol i was just thinkin of this it would probably never really work but u never know...

Quoted from Microsoft.com

Currently, 32-bit editions of Windows are capable of supporting up to 4 gigabytes (GB) of system memory, with up to 2 GB of dedicated memory per process. Windows Professional XP Edition x64 currently supports up to 128 GB of RAM, with the potential to support up to 16 terabytes of virtual memory as hardware capabilities and memory sizes improve.

XP 32-bit supports 4GB of memory but u couldn't split it. u should use the x64 edition which is much better for so much power. although some programs have some trouble running in 32bit mode when they need it

It almost will be virtually two computers, having same mouse and keyboard.
But the overall performance will be lower than having 2 real comps, each with 2GB RAM, and sigle core CPU (if it's all same of a kind), because of lower bandwith, and ofcourse, you still will have the one single mobo, that runs the bits through.
Also, you will never be able to do things like running different operating systems and alike, as you can with 2 different PCs.

You can actually find some motherboards out there that are designed to accomidate the use of dual users on one computer.

The stuff doesnt actually get splitted in half when you get two monitors. 2 monitors is almost the same as having one monitor, its not like an extra monitor is like a seperate part of the computer. I hope that sounded right, because I don't really know how to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom