2.4ghz 800mhz fsb-will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwhite528

Baseband Member
My motherboard doesn't support 800mhz front side busses. I was wondering if a processor with an 800mhz from side bus would work on my motherboard even if it will need some overclocking to get it up to it rightful speed.

I think your cpu would defalt back to what ever the fsb of your motherboard is. I could be wrong though.

So your motherboard doesn't support the HT technology? It only supports 533mhz? Hmm.. my guess would be it's not going to run on that board at optimal speeds, if at all, but that's probably why the board has a "support up to" spec.. right?

probably, I was just wondering because it would be an cheaper way to get h/t technology. Plus I heard that someone had one working on their board, but not at optimal speed. I guess I could just try it and then send it back if it doesn't work. Have you ever heard anything things like that?

good luck , i tried it but the furthest i could get was 600 and it had problems running prime 95 overnite.

yea you can run it but it will only run at 400mhz so its kinda a wasit of money. get a new MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom