2.4 celeron to 2.8C pentium 4 HT!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
hey guyz wass up??? i am about to make an upgrade on my processor and my price range is around 180 bucks and i was looking at this 2.8C 512k 800mhz FSB w/ HT amd it looks pretty SICK!!! i am about desgusted with my 2.4 cleron now only havin 128k and 400mhz FBS. DO you guyz think this is the right gaming chip for me for about 180 bucks?? do you think i will tell a big difference in games???

P.S. i really dont want to buy a new AMD mobo and processor.
im stickin w/ INTEL BABY!!!!
here is a pretty good link-http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/cpu/article.php/3261_2218651__5

AMD rule for gaming. do some research and anywhere will tell u so. u could pick up a nice 2600 with mobo for bout £120 dunno what that is in $ guess around 200. just look about be4 u buy. try www.newegg.com for prices if u live in america.

I think the thing here is that he already has a 478 socket mobo. and only 180.00 bucks. He just needs a CUP upgrade and wants to stick to intel. The 2.8 is a excellent chip. I have one and play all sorts of high end games without a single problem. The prescott core does tend to get a bit warm, but with a good cpu cooler and good case air flow you shouldn't have a problem. The Northwoods chips do run cooler and are a tad bit less expensive though.

heavywx said:
I think the thing here is that he already has a 478 socket mobo. and only 180.00 bucks. He just needs a CUP upgrade and wants to stick to intel. The 2.8 is a excellent chip. I have one and play all sorts of high end games without a single problem. The prescott core does tend to get a bit warm, but with a good cpu cooler and good case air flow you shouldn't have a problem. The Northwoods chips do run cooler and are a tad bit less expensive though.

soo you have to 2.8C???? if you do what kind of memory and graphics card you have??? can you run FARCRY or UTk4 good??? on high???

BS, he has a 2.8E, the Prescotts are th enewer chips that run hotter and preform a bit worse than the Northwoods (2.8c), check out my sig for info on why you should get a Northwood.

-=B$=- said:
soo you have to 2.8C???? if you do what kind of memory and graphics card you have??? can you run FARCRY or UTk4 good??? on high???

To run UT 2004 on highest quality on 10x7 resolution, you would need a Geforce3Ti200 and a 2.4ghz proc.

No I have a 2.8C. And I run Call of duty and There.com. I have run with no problems Farcry, but I don't run it now. I'm running a radeon 9600xt and a gig of Kingston pc3200 duel channel ram. When I'm gaming my cpu temps get up to around 115f to 120f. on my 2.8 and between 92f and 96f on my 2.6. I run the same games on my 2.6 as I do on my 2.8 with no problems eather. And I'm running a Radeon 9600pro on my other tower and a gig of Kingston pc2700 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom