2.0GHZ Barcelona benchmarks released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Core 2 might beat it in desktop. Not to mention that the 45nm Core 2 is going to be slightly faster than the current Core 2 per clock
remember this is the server chip. It wasn't made for the desktop.

Agena is supposed to have HTT 3.0, and use non-ECC DDR2-1066 RAM

It's also in a different socket (AM2+, instead of F+/1207+) - though I'm not sure how much impact that'll make.

Sheesh... This is getting messy...

I would love to see AMD outshine Intel once again, but for mid-high level gaming Intel is looking quite cozy. All I can say is that I hope they do jump up the speeds of the barcelona, sell them as an affordable desktop line, and that you can match the performance at a reasonably close price to that of Intel.

I expect we will see just that, AMD doesn't really have any choice; they're already in a price war with intel (which was always going to hurt), if they overprice Agena then they simply wont sell.
The prices may start higher but i'll bet we see quick price cuts.

I expect we will see just that, AMD doesn't really have any choice; they're already in a price war with intel (which was always going to hurt), if they overprice Agena then they simply wont sell.
The prices may start higher but i'll bet we see quick price cuts.
the prices for the Barcelona chips are only as high as they are because they are made for multi-socket motherboards.

Opteron 8xx and 2xx series chips used to be highly priced, compared to 1xx series, and the Athlon 64's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom