2.0GHZ Barcelona benchmarks released

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon go home u fanboy...

Look, either say something that has a point or shut up. What is the point of your post ?

First of all: All my arguments was based on facts. I just posted for you a benchmark showing you that there are barely any difference between K10 and the current Xeon

Second: Yes I admit that I'm an Intel fanboy, and there are other people here who are AMD fanboy. But this doesn't mean that what I say is not based on facts

Third: Many AMD fanboys were making advertisement for K10 as if it is going to be the ultimate processor that will kill core 2 duo. But those benchmarks have proved that all there arguments are wrong

Forth: Why you can't prove me wrong instead of calling me a "fanboy"

I'd expect gaming to be one of AMD's stronger points. It always has been a strength of the K7 and K8.

I don't think that gaming was always a strength of K8. Because the gap between Core 2 Duo and K8 in gaming is usually higher than the gap in other things. I just told in my previous post that E6750 doesn't beat 6400+ in 3dmark and some other synthetic benchmarks but it beats it in gaming

maroon1 said:
I don't think that gaming was always a strength of K8. Because the gap between Core 2 Duo and K8 in gaming is usually higher than the gap in other things.
Comparing previous generation with current generation. Might as well race a Gremlin with a Cobalt.

Ah, thought you meant AMD cpu's as in the current architecture.
I did. I meant K8 and K10, as compared to their other areas.
I don't think that gaming was always a strength of K8. Because the gap between Core 2 Duo and K8 in gaming is usually higher than the gap in other things. I just told in my previous post that E6750 doesn't beat 6400+ in 3dmark and some other synthetic benchmarks but it beats it in gaming
I hope you are not deliberately taking my posts out of context. You continue to compare K8 to Core 2, even though that's not what my post was doing.

I don't think that gaming was always a strength of K8. Because the gap between Core 2 Duo and K8 in gaming is usually higher than the gap in other things.
actually, it is one of the areas where the least difference is. In fact, K8 actually comes out ahead in some cases when you're comparing them in games.
And don't you remember the Pentium 4, which sometimes won in video encoding etc, but fell short of K8 in gaming?

K7 and K8 are stronger in games than in a lot of other areas. I'm comparing one area of their architecture to another area of their architecture. Not two completely different architectures that are a generation apart.

Third: Many AMD fanboys were making advertisement for K10 as if it is going to be the ultimate processor that will kill core 2 duo. But those benchmarks have proved that all there arguments are wrong
Jumping the gun.... again.

so, why have so many of the benchmarks showed a higher performance per clock? you know, the ones you specifically choose to ignore, in favour of the ones you cherrypick?

Comparing previous generation with current generation. Might as well race a Gremlin with a Cobalt.

gremlin??

man if this was a video show... i would so love it!!!

but i wanna see who wins..... (same with the CPU's too :))

I'm going to wait for the enthusiast and overclocker reviews of Agena before I make up my mind about these chips.

That said it is none the less quite clear that K10 is not as breath-taking as might have been hoped, I expect that at best we're looking at a good competitor for Penryn, but we'll have to wait and see.

That said it is none the less quite clear that K10 is not as breath-taking as might have been hoped
Keep in mind, this is just an early stepping, with relatively buggy BIOS's. Not only that, but there aren't many applications compiled that utilise the K10 architecture as well as they could.

Agena should scale better. It's optimised for the desktop, and has HTT 3.0, as well as utilising non-ECC DDR2-1066 RAM.

Plus, given the track record of K7 and K8, games should be one of the stronger points of the architecture.

I don't disagree on any point there Apokalipse its just with the ES core 2 chips the results were breath-taking, admittedly those were desktop chips without the limitations of server memory etc.
We'll probably have to wait for the ES Agena chips to make a proper judgment.

Personally I'm rooting for both sides, I've put off building my new computer since May waiting for these Chips and its going to be a Penryn or Agena based system I build, depending on final price/performance. I just wish they'd hurry up! :)

i'm rooting for AMD, i think Intel's had their two years for their Core 2 Duo's and that is enough.. i want AMD having performance CPU's people still consider buying instead of just budget ones... (but i'm not a fanboy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom