1gig dual RAM Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
ApM said:
Who says the RAM is going to be towards Performance?

People may be considering buying new RAM but don't want the "expensive stuff" un-yet still highly efficent and somewhat still a performance stick.

And thats where I come in.

Qualitity and Performance at a cheap price.

Man, you are a hustler.

Zipzoomfly is great. I'ver order so much stuff from them, I was ordering stuff from them when they were still GoogleGear.com and I have never had a problem with them.

ApM you need to shrink that sig. 15 lines of size 1 text and you have 20 lines of regular text. Too big

I was confussed with the DDR400+ so that kinda mean I can go over 400Mhz?

I've seen this RAM: Kingmax Hardcore what I've read alot of good things about but don't know if it'll work on my motherboard, it's 500mhz.

Hardcore

The overall speed of the RAM is 400MHz, but in the BIOS it'd be listed as 200 because of 200x2 = 400 due to DOUBLE data rate (DDR)

You can run RAM that's DDR500, but it won't simply plug and play like that. You'll have to manuall go in there and adjust your CPU FSB or HTT if you have an AMD64 to get up to that speed the RAM is capable of, otherwise when you first plug it in, it'll simply underclock.

You don't need high performance RAM like Corsair XMS unless you plan on overclocking it, if you aren't going to OC valueRAM will save you cash and not hurt performance.

OCZ Platinum Rev2
G.Skill LA
Patriot XBL
PQI Turbos

All those IMO are better than corsair in terms of overclocking, but of course they also come with a pretty penny price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom