• Linex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Very Own Operating System!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nawwwwwwwwww, man. 640K all the way!. lol. Anyone remember when Gates said about 640K? Something like nobody will never need more than that? I believe in 1986....Anyways........1GB Dual Channel for sure.

desiboi said:
Nawwwwwwwwww, man. 640K all the way!. lol. Anyone remember when Gates said about 640K? Something like nobody will never need more than that? I believe in 1986....Anyways........1GB Dual Channel for sure.

I have 1 gig of ram for my computer. for my video editing chores, I have a video hardware encoder. they cost anywhere from a grand or 2, but you can get them on ebay for anywhere from $20.00 to $250.00. it won't use your computer as a resource and you'll get better picture quality

It really depends on what you will be running, I have 1 gig and it's more than enough for me. (At least for now:D ).

Also it would depend on the OS, I recently read an article about Longhorn. They reccomend minimum 2gig because of all the power-hungry features.

Drworm2005.

Ps: The first computer i had didn't have any Memory at all, The good old Tandy TRS-80:).

drworm2005 said:
It really depends on what you will be running, I have 1 gig and it's more than enough for me. (At least for now:D ).

Also it would depend on the OS, I recently read an article about Longhorn. They reccomend minimum 2gig because of all the power-hungry features.

Drworm2005.

Ps: The first computer i had didn't have any Memory at all, The good old Tandy TRS-80:).

I have the Tandy 1000 SL....

Never turned it on because i have no screen/keyboard for it..... Plus nothing else for it lol.... But i have like 3 add in cards for it INCLUDING a realy REALY old modem.... That thing is freaking huge.

i didnt read any of the postes above, cause ima slow reader and dont have the time.

but for whoever asked the question....

the amount of ram you put in your computer realy only depends on your budget.

example - on my budget, id prolly get 1gb max.
- if i had a budget like some of these ppl with A64 san diego's and 6800gt's, id prolly just get 4gigs of ram, or however much i could fit on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom