-12v error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

triton6

Solid State Member
I just put together a new PC today. It was my first build. Plus, this happens to be my first post as well. Everything is going smoothly except that I get a error message in my pc hardware monitor. The error message is saying that the -12v is dipping below -13v. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what this means, or if it is even something that i need to worry about. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Ian

PC: (nothing overclocked)
Ultra 400 Watt PSU
AMD XP 3200+ cpu
512mb RAM (1 stick pc3200)
BFG Geforce FX 5500 OC
20g + 40g hdd's
dvd-rom
cooler master aero 7 cpu fan
3 system fans

Either something is being read wrong by your computer or the PSU is already failing

the psu's rails are not accurate. in other words, defective. bring that shit back bro.

thanks, thats what i was afraid of, but still an easy fix. It will be fixed tomorrow. In your experience is Antec a reliable brand? I can get a pretty good deal on those. Can any harm come by using the PC in the mean time?
(thanks for the quick response too.)

antec is the best. i was going for them but at the time i couldnt get a hold of anything with 600+ watts. u can use the pc in the meantime... but it is of at risk. if the voltage becomes anymore inaccurate, you can potentially damage whatever component is using that rail.

Also looking at my current system. would 330 watts be sufficient? how about if i am planning on upgrading to a 120g hd, and throwing another stick of 512 in there? maybe i should just get the 430 watter.

heh... 330 watts is kinda sketch but it could be done until u get ur hands on something with more power.

sweet 430 it is then. its almost new years here. happy new years.
thanks again

All is good with the antec. another question though.
Whats VTT regarding the PSU? do I need to be concerned with these levels?
thanks,
ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom