128mb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyph3R

Baseband Member
i bought a radeon 9800xt and when i go display it only shows 128 mb of memory. Is this cuz my crap comp cant recognize? I know that all radeon 9800xt's are 256mb.

this card is for my new comp

k heres wats up. I bought this comp like more than 2 years ago, and it came with an agp slot. Now i dont know if its 8x, and i doubt it is as it sux ass.

Intel Celeron 1.4 ghz
256 mb ram

and i dont know the rest (as i didnt make it), but it did come with an agp slot. if i had say an agp4x, would that mean i can only run half the ram?

it is showing 128mb when i go start->run->dxdiag and look under display. It says the memory on the card. Now I'm not sure totally what BIOS are and how to check them.

BIOS= Basic In/Out System

To get to the BIOS, restart you rcomputer and it should say some thing like "press F1 to enter setup" or Press del to entrt setup".
This will take you to the BIOS. From that point use the arrow keys to navigate. you'll need to look for something labeled AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port)

Cyph3R said:
k heres wats up. I bought this comp like more than 2 years ago, and it came with an agp slot. Now i dont know if its 8x, and i doubt it is as it sux ass.

Intel Celeron 1.4 ghz
256 mb ram

and i dont know the rest (as i didnt make it), but it did come with an agp slot. if i had say an agp4x, would that mean i can only run half the ram?

Wo wo wo................are you planning on gaming with that PC?

Having 256mb of RAM and a 256mb video card isnt a good idea in the first place!

You should upgrade your ram to 512 IMO, that would help the performance GREATLY, because if you dont, it is more than likely that the video card will tamper with performance........

yea dude, this video card is for my new comp coming up in like 4 days jeez :p

but i dno why its sayign 128mb, maby cuz my crap comp or somethin?

Chubz said:
Wo wo wo................are you planning on gaming with that PC?

Having 256mb of RAM and a 256mb video card isnt a good idea in the first place!

You should upgrade your ram to 512 IMO, that would help the performance GREATLY, because if you dont, it is more than likely that the video card will tamper with performance........

Oh really? I have always monitored my system resources to take note of what the system uses and or wastes. I have 256mb of ram on my win2k machine. Under no circumstances has ever used more than 75% of my memory, even with a game on. I play such games as Renegade, Baldurs gate series, and Starcraft. I dont see why people keep telling everyone to get a ton of ram. Unless you edit video you have no need for it. I can only see having that much ram if your into things like 3dstudio Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom