$1000 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
stephen_s said:
No one is suggesting Radeon cards. Are nvidia better for the money now?

Easily put, yes.

Nvidia cards deliver more performance for the dollar... ATI's X850 Platinum seems to beat out the 6800 Ultra, however the 6600GT seems to beat the 9800 Pro, which is roughly $50-$100 more.

the 6600 are only 128 mb? oh and nvm about ocing to ultra speeds i got confused with the 6800 but i'm still sure you can oc really nicely with it.

Yes, the 6600GT's are only 128mb, which is generally a good thing. So far, it's been proven in almost any card that 256mb actually performs only marginally better, if not worse than its 128mb counterparts.

ati cards are good don't get us wrong but they cost way to damn much compared to nvidia cards.

stephen_s said:
Does everyone agree with the rest of elbatrop's recommended computer?

I agree for the most part, however with your budget you're not going to get great cooling/peripherals... but it's definitely good that he had focused on the important components such as CPU, memory, motherboard and video card... For the price, that's probably the best you're giong to get.

When you go to pick out a case, make sure to get one that has good expandibility for case fans, and even one that comes with case fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom