$1000 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
stephen_s said:
Thanks elbatrop, but I only need the license for one more computer, not 5

Ya, I just noticed that too. Maybe you can only buy extra licenses by the bundle.....

stephen_s said:
I going to keep it legal. They made it, they should get paid for it. Same goes for music.

Good for you man. :). I am coming into the same line of thinking as of late. But, I still refuse to pay for software.. Which means, my computer is filled with open source/freeware crap. lol

hahaha yeah i've never dled free music but i have downloaded free software muahahahaha!!!!

Although I do have plenty of "free" software, having a discussion about illegally pirating software is not allowed on these forums, especially when you're motivating him to use pirated software. Guaranteed this thread will be locked soon if it goes on.

If you want to use the music downloading as a comparison, think about this: Did RIAA sue only businesses for downloading music? No, they sued regular people, consumers... If Microsoft finds you, they will indeed sue you, and I'm sure it's happened many of times before.

Chankama said:
Yes it is illegal. But I don't think Microsoft will go after anyone for just installing software for "free" on their own computer. They will probably go after companies that build computer that pirate software - but probably not after people! If they do it too much, people will most likely explore open source alternatives even more. :). They don't want that..

Exactly, and I have used the same copy of XP on alot of computers

My friend says his borrwered version of pro is used on over 50 PC's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom