100% Cpu Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0M30n3

Baseband Member
Hi, i play counter-strike which i gues some of you also play. well the thing is whenever i play it it uses 97-100% of my cpu which means it laggs whn trying to play music etc aswell. i woul't have thought this wd b a problem as i just got a new comp (built it myself)

any help will b gd, thanks.

comp specs :

Xp pro (32-bit)
3000+ 64bit (newcastle)
1gb kingston 400mhz
radeon 9800 pro 128mb
120gb ATA
Asus K8V-x

CS is a FPS game, so it wouldn't surprise me if it eat your CPU like candy? :p especially if u using high graphic setting....

I will check for virus, adware if you are worry, and maybe even close those background task program and see how it goes :)

You should be able to play music while playing a game. I nearly aways have itunes up in the background when on CS:S, with only a small interuption when I just start the game up.

Disable the visulizer as well.

Closing background tasks is aways good.

yea there should b eno reason you have that much usage as said try virus scan and I would reformat just to make sure if you have nothing special on hdds.

OP: is this on css (counter strike source) or cs (the old counter strike) Which game are you playing. I know there is a comand to show you your fps in css. I dont know it off hand, but it is something like netgraph3 or something. You could see how many fps you are getting, or use fraps (google for download) to determine the fps during game play.

while in the game alt tab out open task manager click the processes tab then sort by cpu usage, what process is sucking up cycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom