1 step away from RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
I bought myself a motherboard. My buddy and I actually got matching boards. They're the Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939. We bought them off of Newegg. We can't get any life out of either of these boards, AT ALL. I mean, none.

We tested our power supplies, and case to see if the switches on the case work. I've shorted the power pins on the MOBO to try and jump it to life, but nothing.

I'm not to the point where I can even see the bios. I have everything in place that's necessary to start the machine, and I can't figure out what's wrong. If anyone has any longshot ideas, I'd love to hear them before I RMA BOTH of our boards. Or, maybe newegg is easier to replace them?

Ryan

Do you have ALL of your power connectors plugged in? Including the 4 pin (or is it 6?) little PSU connector that plugs in near the CPU? That is one that many people overlook, Ido it all the time and resort myself to freaking out for about 10 seconds while my computer dosent turn on and I figure it out.

The connector is plugged in. You guys don't give me enough credit. :) Anyway, if anyone has anything to add, feel free to continue throwing out ideas! Thanks everyone for your responses.

Ryan

Lol, maybe I don't give you enough credit either, but there is a switch (mentioned above) on the back of the Case's power supply. Check if you switched it to on.

Well, we have an issue. We actually got power to portions of the motherboard. When we find the 'sweet spot' of the ATX power connector, things start to light up and fans start spinning. We get no readout from our video card and, therefore, are unable to tell if the BIOS are initializing. Any ideas?

Ryan

That usually happens when you dont have some power connector plugged in. For a second the fans will spin, and you will get some lights, but nothing after that. Happens when you dont plug in the 4 pin, but since you do, maybe it is your PSU. Try a different PSU. If that dosent work, make it somebody elses problem and RMA that badboy.

I think it's time to RMA. I tried the PSU in another machine... It checked out. We tested the PSU with a tester and plugged the 4 pin into the board just to see... All the fans kicked on and got power very well through the 4 pin connector. The issue is in the 20 pin. A

Anyone had experieces with RMA and gigabyte? Speedy, crappy?

Ryan

rma is actually with newegg not gigabyte. a while back i fried my mb (back when i was a noobie), bought the same one from newegg, returned the fried one saying i changed my mind and did not want it. I am pretty sure all i had to do was pay the shipping to send the fried board back, no restocking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom