1 More Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim19067

Solid State Member
Hey guys im starting another topic because part of my intial problem was fixed. Let me just Recap wat I did. I used my windows xp start up disc to get rid of spyware and crap. Then I realized it unitstalled some of my drivers such as graphics and sound. Then I checked under device manager and saw which things had yellow question marks. Then I went to compaq website and installed the needed drivers. Under device manager there are no more yellow question marks which I believe is a good sign. The graphic driver i installed works great my laptop no longer skips. However I was not as fortunate with the audio driver. For some reason it does not want to work. Instead of making the sound it should it just beeps. Do u know how i can fix it?

Well there are more drivers that i didnt install such as input devices and media and software. Could it be one of them?

It's possible. Is it just integrated sound or do you have a dedicated sound card (ie soundblaster)? If it's integrated I'd try reinstalling the audio driver again and updating Direct X. For a dedicated card, go the manufacturer's site and just download that card's latest drivers from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom