1 mb broadband and 54g wireless???

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottiedog

Solid State Member
I run my broadband through a 54g wireless laptop card to my laptop.
If I upgraded to aol's 1mb broadband would i see much improvement in speed?
I download alot of files but would my wireless card only work to a maximum speed, if so should I just stay with broadband?
Also does anybody know how i can test my download speed?
thanks
Scott

1stly never ever get aol. anyone will tell u that.

if u get a 1mb package u will notice the difference. your wireless will only become the limiting factor when the internet connection speed is faster than ur wireless ie 54mb which isnt around yet and by the time it is u will have upgraded i would of thought.

whats wrong with aol? who would you recommend. they are doing 1mb for £29.99 a month.

thanks for the help with my question.

scott

well i got one answer for yaa scottiedog there was a software which called as download meter u can get it easily from download.com its free it might help u to check ur speeds..

u can also go to pc pitstop and test your whole machine including your download and upload speeds.

as for the reasons not to get aol, very buggy, too much space taking, support reps in india (nothing against india!) and too many "add-ins" progs that have a tendancy to go *kaput*.

go with a cable ISP, no software at all, just a cable modem connected to the back of the pc, faster, more stable....what more can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom