Zalman CNPS9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterfreak88

Baseband Member
Tonight I just bought a Zalman CNPS CPU cooler on ebay for 20 dollars and then I realized that it doesnt come with the AMD bracket and I have an AM3 motherboard. Does anyone know if there is a way I can still mount this or if there is a place where I could buy something to mount it. What is everyones thoughts on how good this cooler is? Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point. Thanks

The heatsink is 10 times better than AMD default one.

I thought those came with the AM2/3 brackets. Might want to contact the seller, see if he can help you.

I looked online and some of the 9500s come with the amd mounting hardware but the one I got apparently doesn't have it. I am an mechanical engineering student right now so I have alot of resources that I can use to fabricate a mount for this I just wanted to see if someone had a quick solution before I went to the trouble of fabricating something. I only bought this because when I first got my phenom II from newegg it didnt come with a heat sink so I used a crappy aquagate mini I had laying around from an old project. I modified the whole water cooling setup to work with my rig and it works well except for the fact that it takes up alot of room in my case. I just wanted something cheap to get my back to air cooling and when I saw this for 20 I thought it was probably a good deal since it looked like brand new. Thanks for the input any other suggestion would be great since i have some time to think this over before the cooler gets here on probably tuesday.

I just thought I would post up a little update on how the Zalman CPU cooler was modified. All that I had to use to make a perfect fit was an old AMD cooler from a socket 754 and a hacksaw blade and about 2 mins. A couple of grooves for the AMD brakcet to sit in and it works like a charm and is keeping my CPU cool even with is overclocked from 2.8 to 3.7GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom