Youtube/Downloads Freezing Issues. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy Youtube/Downloads Freezing Issues.

Hello, Im new to this forum, But did do a search to see if a simular problem had been resolved here, unfortunitely i was unable to find one. iv searched all corners of the net and hacvent found a solution that helped.

Acer aspire M3970 Intel i5-2320 3.00 GHZ 10G Ram, 2x2TB harddrive

Recently i did a good clean on my computer, Updated all drivers, cleaned files, freed up space on HD etc.. and my computer Was running better then i could have imagined, But recently i have been exsperiancing strange issues with youtube and also downloaded files( possibly other web based activity such as netflix or torrents aswell)
The problem is quite clear while using Youtube, The video will begin to play normally and also buffer normally but After anywere from 1-5 minutes, the video will stop buffering,then freeze, and also wont resume without me rewinding the video slightly, at which point the process begins again, Buffer some, watch for a short period then freeze. Regardless of video quality or time of day.
Downloads such as mods will download normally but may freeze completely aswell, only they cant be fixed, i must cancel them and retry the download, hoping it finishes before the freeze.
obviously somethings wrong, i believe i may have downloaded something which is causing this, but i have deleted mostly everything i have downloaded on my computer in the last 2 weeks. including a minecraft.exe server i struggled to create.
other things i have tryed:
Disc Cleanup
Disk Defragment
Delete and reinstall java/flash/shock
cleaned browser history/cookies etc
Monitored Task manager for abnormalitys
deleted 64bit browser/switched back to google chrome
turned off anti-virus (never been an issue)
turned off port forwarding, switched back to dynamic IP
ran spyhunter/reghunter/anti-malware

Iv had this computer for a While and have never exsperianced problems like this, also youtube did not work properly on any browser, (Chrome/IE/Firefox) Im sure its something simple but am unaware of how to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roun Heah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Youtube/Downloads Freezing Issues.

You said you updated drivers.

Were wifi / ethernet drivers among the ones you updated?

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No i dont believe i did do wifi/ethernet drivers, i was unaware you could.
Would that be for the router?
drivers i believe i updated were, AMD graphics, Intel drivers, mouse/keyboard, headset. possibly more.
While messing around with the intel driver, i picked up a program call Intel Rapid Storage Technology, aswell 2 other intel programs which come with it, havent messed around with it because im not clear on what a RAID does, and if it will benifit me, could this program be causing the issues?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Private Joker

Those are chipset updates, which AFAIK shouldn't cause issues with network.

Are you running over wifi? Have you tried plugging directly into your router via ethernet to see if you still have the same issues?

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yes, I am connected though Ethernet. Would resetting or Rebooting the router have any affect?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Could also be a problem with Flash.

Try updating Flash to a newer version, or try Chrome which has flash built in.
maarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten View Post
Could also be a problem with Flash.

Try updating Flash to a newer version, or try Chrome which has flash built in.
Flash wouldn't cause issues with file downloads.