Your HD is corrupt but you have to get the data off, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runfox

In Runtime
I have that hard drive, my back up drive. I backed up my important files on it, but now I cant access it. When I try to install it on my computer, my computer wont boot to any operating system, it just sits there, HD blue light solid like it want to read the drive but cant.

So what are my options? When I try to access the drive from windows 7 it wants me to format the drive. Could I format the drive and then use a data recovery program to recover my files as long as I don't install anything on the drive? That's about my only idea. Any recommended data recovery software? I found Easeus which looks promising.

So it recognizes it in bios and windows 7 wants you to format it? It sounds the like the drive is spinning and working but something is corrupt maybe some bad sectors or something like that. Anyways, I don't see why you can't just use a drive recovery tool right now?

Please dont post multiple topics of the same issue. You already have a thread about this problem here with support already being provided.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom