yet another thread about my stupid computer >.> - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team

Default yet another thread about my stupid computer >.>

sorry guys, i think my computer's breaking down at old age. lol. you guys dont have to tell me to get a new one, i know that fact already.

anywho, recently my computer started to shut down by it self. i dont know what the **** happened to it when i'm at school. when i try to turn it back on, it takes like 8 attempts to press the power button, flip the PW switch, and unplug and plug the power cord inorder for the computer to turn on again. once it turns on, it is back to normal. any sugguestions of what happened to my comp?

thanks guys.

EDIT: could it be a virus attack?

Old 01-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: yet another thread about my stupid computer >.>

Not a virus attack. That's pretty much what my Compaq did before I ended up getting a new motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc. The power system on the motherboard is probably going. Mine would run for a while (minutes, hours, or days, it was random) then reboot automatically. Then it got to the point where it'd turn the PSU on but not boot up. I tried pretty much everything, and then replaced the insides. That worked

Old 01-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

Default Re: yet another thread about my stupid computer >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
Not a virus attack. That's pretty much what my Compaq did before I ended up getting a new motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc. The power system on the motherboard is probably going. Mine would run for a while (minutes, hours, or days, it was random) then reboot automatically. Then it got to the point where it'd turn the PSU on but not boot up. I tried pretty much everything, and then replaced the insides. That worked

well i can reboot after it shuts down on me. but that sitll means i ahve to get a new PSU right? PSU only right? haha
Closed Thread