XPS Gen 2. Problem with... well read the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhistgrandma

Beta member
While I am playing games or dvds on my xps gen 2 (old. yea i know), my computer monitor will enter sleep mode. I can tell this by the power button on the monitor which turns orange, indicating sleep mode. However, I cannot turn the monitor back on. The only way to fix this is turning the computer off and turning it back on. I am a grade a computer geek, programming, software development, wow, etc, but my weak point is hardware. I have determined that this is a hardware problem. I think it is a problem with my video card, but I wanted to confirm this before I shell out money for a new card only to realize that it didn't fix the problem. I tested my computer with a different monitor, and it does the some thing. Any suggestions?

i would agree video card....but i work on dells all the time, opitplex systems. i have had this problem many times and what i have found it to be is the mother board. the system had onboard video...but when i replaced it with an agp 8x video card and sent the system back in service at my work place a week later the problem occured with the video card i just put it and the only way i got it to stop was to get a new motherboard from dell luckily it was under warranty.

it has something to do with the capacitors on the motherboard. check if any of them are leaking or are slightly expanded.

i hope its not your motherboard but thats my experience with that problem with dell machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom