XPS 1530

Status
Not open for further replies.

makitaman60

Baseband Member
I currently have a Dell XPS 1530, I have been trying to troubleshoot some issues with it under another topic on this forum.I have given up trying to get rid of Malware if thats what is causing it.Spy Emergency is blocking any kind of programs to scan for Malware.Seems SE is no where on my laptop so I can't turn the scanner off.Anyway I'm currently running Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T7250 @2.00Ghz 2.00Ghz RAM 3.0 GB 32 Bit.I just want to replace the Hard Drive and Ram with a update if possible then I'll know the problem is gone.What is the recommendation on HD and Ram for my system. I know if I do this my laptop will be clean,I could order the exact same thing that's installed now but might as well update if possible.Thank's in advance!:neutral:

Sure I'm all for what ever it takes to get it back and running.Will this clean up everything and get rid of any possible malware? Please tell me what to do, I have all my software that came with my laptop, I'm just not sure how to clean off everything.Thank's

restart and keep pressing F11, i'm pretty sure that model has a recovery partition and that would be the absolute easiest thing for you if you don't know how to format/reload yet. F11 should literally walk you through erasing everything and reinstalling windows, assuming that it does have a recovery partition, and it hasn't become corrupted or infected.

You'll want to back up any important files before you do this. It will restore the computer from the factory image, like when you bought it, and all your data will be erased unless you back it up first.

ok I tried to re-format I'm not getting any response from F11.I new mine would be difficult.I'll keep trying and searching.Thanks

try CTRL+F11 or ALT+F11. some sony systems are F10. sometimes it can be accessed by pressing F8 like you're going into safe mode, then there will be an option for recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom