XP Pro reinstall leaves Multimedia Audio & Video Controller ? yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilSR

Beta member
Hi. Hope help can be had! Have tried complete re-install XP Pro and cannot resolve issue. Please be aware my tech knowledge v.limited! Thanks!

Computer is a Desktop built by a small OEM 'no-name'.
Computer Properties reports XP Professional Version 2002 SP2
Looking inside board has GIGABYTE GA-81915ME, guess that motherboard?
Can also see D33006 on it.
Device Manager says

Computer = ACPI Multiprocessor PC with properties
Manufacturer:[Standard Computers]

Processors (2 shown)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Manufacturer: Intel

SCSI and RAID controllers
Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller

Problem area is
? Other Devices
? Multimedia Audio Controller
Manufacturer: Unknown
The drivers for this device are not installed (Code28)
?Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Manufacturer: Unknown
The drivers for this device are not installed (Code28)

I did a complete 'destructive' XP Pro re-install and then got all of the updates from the windows website over the course of 2 days. It was only on day 2 that I started getting the 'Found New Hardware' wizard and found this problem. Don't know if it was there from the getgo and only later started to appear or if something in the updates has caused it.

Machine works OK, but can't get any sound. Haven't tried more complicated media tasks yet!

I have tried a further xp Re-install on a repair basis but problem has immediately re-surfaced. So presently I haven't re-downloaded all the mega updates from windows update!

I looked at some forums and found references to HAL but that's starting to push the limits of my ability so time to seek some good help!

The Wizard does not find anything. And I really don't know what drivers I should be looking for. Some forums seem to indicate that this issue could be linked to the HAL, but as I say, that's really getting beyond me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom