XP Pro password

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangaman8

Beta member
I just rebooted my desktop PC (Win XP Pro) and never had to login with administrator Password before. (Aug 9 2006 1am). Nwo it asks for a admin password and I never ever gave it one before so I never had one. I read in a MAximum PC mag where deleteing a file in DOS mode reverts back to login reg beginning( as if new).

Any Ideas
HELP.........

Hello,

Boot into safe mode. Press F8 before the Windows XP loading splash screen.

When the welcome screen appears, you should see the account Administrator at the top. This is the system administrator account, above all other accounts. Normally you won't see this.

Click to log into this account, entering a password if you're prompted for one (it should be the password specified upon the installation of Windows XP).

If you're not presented with a welcome screen, but a login box instead (because fast user switching is disabled), then just type Administrator as the user account name, and the corresponding password.

If you manage to gain access to the system admin account, then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and change the password for your user account.

If you can't access the system administrator account, then there is a tool you can use to change Windows XP passwords:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

The top section is a step by step guide. At the bottom, there's a section named Downloads. Download either the Bootdisc Image (CD Image) or the Bootdisk Image (Floppy Disk Image) to create a bootable CD / Floppy Disk...

...then, place the chosen medium into the drive, reboot the PC. Check in your BIOS that either the CD-ROM drive or Floppy Disk drive is set as the primary boot device (depending on which medium you've chosen), and then boot into it.

Follow the on screen instructions. It may seem confusing, but if you print out the step by step instructions, you should get through it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom