XP multi-screen system

Status
Not open for further replies.

goffskullz

Solid State Member
ok just today i added a second monitor to my comp. my question is: is there a way that i can use the normal settings where the extra screen basicly just holds program windows that you open from the main screen and only see the start button and open programs on the main screen, but i was wondering if u could download something or if there is a built in setting to allow the mouse to only be able to be in 1 window at a time and for example click a sequence of keys to switch the mouse the the other monitor.

yes this is possible using the NVidia drivers do you have an NVidia graphics card.

no unfortunatly, although im working on it. but till i can save up enough im running off a radeon x700. probably should have included that in the original post lol.

hmmmm in not farmilliar without the nvidia drivers by default i think its setup the way you want it but in not sure. you may want to try downloading some ATI drivers and see if they have a driver that has options for multiple monitors ill also search for some 3rd party software for you and let you know.

Its very simple normally but i've not tried it with an ATI card, I expect its still simple but meh.

You might want to download ultramon, cool utility for multi screens that I always use.

what video card do you have? i have a nvidia card and i can tell you what to do but not very familiar with ati cards. it's very easy all you do is to set up the hot keys and boom there you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom