XFX GeForce 8800GS Alpha Dog Edition giving start up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varko3000

Beta member
So, I bought the GPU about 2 years ago when it first came out. I used to have a HP Pavillion (before I knew anything about computers). And about 3 weeks ago I bought all my parts and built my computer. It runs fine. It's has Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. When I decided to wait so I could by a new after market heatsink (The Arctic Cooler aceleron S2) Which i installed and everything is fine. There is one problem. When I plug everything in my computer wont connect to the monitor, with the onboard GPU or the 8800GS. So for the motherboard it has what is called a VGA Switch Card, it allows the PCIe to run at 16x instead of 8x.

Specs:
Mobo- Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
PSU- Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7
CPU- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
Case- Newegg.com - Thermaltake Element G VL10001W2Z Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
RAM- Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

That's generally all you need to know.

NewEgg is not bad. I received a few DOA things, but that is not their fault. They only supply the product, not tweak it in any way.

If you go by reviews, 90% of them are idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom