x800gto no longer working. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default x800gto no longer working.

Hey guys, a few days ago my x800gto stopped working, so I just switched to onboard and have been running that, but I finally have some time today, so I wanted to try and fix it.

Here's the story: My x800gto stopped working one day after I rebooted, the computer started but the screen was blank, so I plugged the monitor cable into the onboard, and used that for a while. The odd thing is, the fan is still working on the graphics card. I've tried switching the power cable to the graphics card, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers completely, and cleaning the card with compressed air, but it still won't go.

It seems to me like a power issue, because before when my computer would boot up, all the fans would be 100%, then for about a second they would all stop, the graphics card would get power, they would all speed up again, and the monitor would turn on. But now it doesn't do that.

The card is a Sapphire x800gto 256mb RAM AGP 8x.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD
Default Re: x800gto no longer working.

You think it's a power issue... but did you try a different power supply?

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: x800gto no longer working.

I just recently tried that, and it was the same. Any other ideas?
Closed Thread