X1650pro agp (rv535) fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altQQ

Beta member
When i instaled it i used the newest omega drivers and it worked well, for like 2-3 days (it was a long time ago cant remember, cant even remember what brand, mby powercolor or club 3d, cuz there arent any markings) so actualy the problem is when i boot without drivers it works, but when i instal them monitor shutdowns or the computer resets. Tried it on 2 MBs: P4P800-E Deluxe (400W codegen) and some **** with KT400A chipset (some no brand 400W PSU) both support agp 8x. Well i fried a couple of cards but never a problem like this. So the question is what can i try to get it working? I tried al the standard things (lowering agp speed, disableing FWs, asking it nicely to work etc) Im rly open to any sugestions. Is the card fried o_O ? Umm and yeah i dloaded a couple drivers and none worked even cat 9.2 agp hotfix.

Thanks, but i had the same problem with my 9600 and lowering agp speed to 4x solved it. Well the problem was the agp 8x bus speed they are unstable and problematic, at least it was for me. And other thing was chipset problems (on some 9600 worked but some didnt) i realy dont want to pronounce it dead yet, well i have tried instaling chipset drivers reinstaling os, changed the cooling (dont think its overheating cuz when it was working the cooler wasnt hot i have tried with my fingers) can someone make a suggestion cuz im rly out of ideas (im open to any kind of a crazy idea)? And Playmate are you 100% sure that its dead?

I ran AGP 8x for almost 10 years. Never had any issues with the bus speed being unstable or problematic. So that would lead me to say that the issue would be the mother boards. Since you say chipset problems combined with the AGP architecture.

The 2nd mobo you tried explains it all. Cant use some no name mobo with some junk PSU and expect things to just work properly. You get what you put into PC's. So if you put junk in, you get junk out. Using junk hardware is only going to cause you problems in the end.

I have to agree with Slaymate. He is one of the more knowledgeable hardware gurus on this site. If he thinks it is dead, then you have a 95% chance that he is right.

Well I can't physically touch your computer so I can't say I'm 100% positive. And I can't say that I have ever owned a video card that died a natural death from old age either.

What I can say is I've totured and brutalized 20+ video cards in the past 10 years and a few of them acted just like yours. A new card was "Always" required. Normally, when the problem is with the motherboard, be it the agp slot or a power issue, the computer will not post. And it may or may not beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom