X1600 Pro (AGP) vs 7600GS (PCI-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryogenic

Baseband Member
Does anyone know if the X1600 Pro is better than the 7600GS ?

I heard the 7600GS is like halfway between the 6800GS, and the 7800GT.

The 7600GS is a PCI-Express, while the X1600 Pro is AGP, so it's kind of hard to compare them.

I was looking at Tom's Hardware's Benchmarks, for F.E.A.R and BF2, but they don't list the 7600GS, only the 6800GT, and the 7800GT. I know the 6800GS is a little worse than the 6800GT, so that gives me a little reference point on the graph on where the 7600GS is, if in fact, it is between those two cards. Could anyone verify this for me ?

If you could, I can compare the PCI-Express F.E.A.R graph to the AGP 4x/8x F.E.A.R graph, and I would be able to tell which is better.

The 7600GS has a better clock speed than the X1600 Pro, but some people say that "that doesn't matter", and that "it's what the card can ACTUALLY do".

If anyone could verify that the 7600GS is between those two cards, that would be very helpful. It would also help if anyone could comment on which card is better, from personal experience.

Thanks,
~Cryogenic

You really can't judge between PCi-E and AGP, It's like comparing apples to oranges. However if you are going to upgrade, go with the GS. As Maximum PC put it in this month's issue, "AGP is dead Jim." I have also heard from various reviews on computer websites that anything below the X1800 i believe is full of problems. As for what those people tell you, they are either an ATi/Nvidia fanboys. and if you use some common sense, newer technology is 9 times out of 10 better than the older stuff. the other 1 is if it is compatible with your system, lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom