X-Fi Fatal1ty - Interference Issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default X-Fi Fatal1ty - Interference Issue

I have an X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card, it has like 1 month old, my computer is also 1 month old, when i connected them all together sound card worked perfectly... but in time some interference issues have come up, i hear some noises through my speakers (problem isnt in the speakers i tried them out in another system) and some clicks, the noises arent constant like they start and stop, its seems like something is messing my sound card.

I can tell you that the sound card is below the graphic card and above the power supply (650W).

I really cant move the sound card since my MB (975x platinum) only has 2 PCI (1 with the sound card and another with the card for the watercooling) and 2 PCI express.

These interference are very annoying i hope someone can give me a solution to solve it.

thx a lot in advance.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

1: Make sure all drivers are up to date
2: try going into sound options in control panel and mute or turn down mic or others options(It works sometimes) OR
3: Return the X fi piece of ****, High end card with ****ly written drivers = Piece Of Sh*t, LOADS of peolple are complaining about x fi popping issues, especialy in games like bf2 and the sorts, some people have actualy threatind to sue creative cuz of it,

4: Call the A-Team

Old 07-15-2006, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

*Drivers are up to date.
*I removed mic and it still pops\fizzles\cracks\and whatever.
*Return x-fi and get what? and x-fi? and audigy zs? cause there isnt realy much choice in the market. But if i had kknowed of this issues i wouldnt have got an x-fi thats for sure.
***** A-TEAM is busy solving Windows Vista release date and PS3 Blu-Ray, not available
Old 07-15-2006, 03:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

If you are going to return it go with the Creative Audigy. I use it and actually have it routed into a mixing console and it is very noise free. Trust me because I work with it a lot with my cans turned up and it is way better then some other cards I had. They even managed to match impedance for pro level audio in and out and its not even a recording card! In the past I have never gone wrong with Creative.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

theres a tiny chance that if you mute all the stuff your not using in the sound panel, it will stiop, thats what i meant by muting mic, not removing it,, mute it in windows ,, if you cant get the A team,,, call MaGyver , **** fix it with some bubblegum and a toothpic
E6300 Core 2 Duo
2 Gbs OCZ PLatinum 800Mhz
250 Gb Western Digital
OCZ Modsteam 450W
7900GT Gainward
Flux Capacitor....SWEEEET
Closed Thread