Wtf. C drive space incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Hey all,

I recently deleted a large file (16GB) off of my computer but when I right click the C drive, it shows that it has the same amount of space left as it did BEFORE I deleted the file! Is the file not gone? Is my C drive just showing incorrect information? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Is it still in your recylce bin? If you have partition magic you can see whats going on with your drive..

Negative. Not in the recycle bin. When I tried to move it to the bin, it said it was too large and asked if I just wanted to delete it entirely, I said yes. I don't have partition magic, what is it?

Its a partitioning tool that lets you see what your hard drive looks like and it will show if you have any hidden partitions or other wasted space.It will help you to mearge empty space with the rest of the used partition to make it usable space.

Well, I defragged and it didn't help (although I really needed a defrag) I went into add/remove programs and uninstalled a few things then checked my C drive and what do you know, it recognized that I had uninstalled some stuff and showed that I had more disc space. I then went and manually DELETED some stuff and checked the C drive again and it didn't recognize the changes... what the h3ll.

It seems that either my C drive isn't recognizing deletions, or the content is still somewhere hidden on the disc, although I searched and found that it apparently was not.

You mean like... by taking the little bios battery off the motherboard for a few minutes, or is there another method? Won't this cause all my settings to be lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom