wrong place

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i know i am placing this in the wrong place, so please, moderator, put this in its proper place, if there is one. because i could not figure out where to put it. this is a question that i am sure someone knows, but i really have no clue. my question is about button batteries. i was just looking at a few cross reference charts, and there are multiple cross reference listings for the same type batteries. some are silver oxide, some are alkaline, and some do not say what they are made from. what type last the longest? my typical uses are in multimeter (volt-ohms), electronic scales, and small led lights. none of these get used a lot, the most demanding i would think would be the led lights, which can stay on for a half hour or so at a time. there is a wide price range on them, so cheaper is tempting, but if i am replacing them every few weeks, or the batteries die in the middle of a use, then the price is not worth it. what is strange to me, is two of the three items have different numbers, for what supposedly is the same battery. and that leads me to belive there must be a real difference in them. one lists a L1154, and the other two list a LR44. which both cross reference to an energizer 357, an A76, an AG13, and several others.

Silver oxides will last longer than standard alkaline. But button batteries are usually used for low-power situations anyway, so either is fine unless they're under load quite often.

As for the multiple numbers referencing the same battery... Yeah, that's just how it is. They may be slightly different form factor (thicker, thinner, a little wider, etc.) but it just means they can generally be used in the same situations I believe.

Back
Top Bottom