WOW & random reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Coyote

In Runtime
I have had wierd problems with WOW and my system since very early on. It started with some of the later patches. When the BG's came out, as soon as I walked up the hill to WSG, I had a random reboot.

After that everytime I logged in, the world would load fine but as soon as my char appeared > reboot. After many minutes on the hold with Blizz tech, they told me to delete the cache files in the WBD folder (and WTF IIRC) and that solved the problem.

That is, until the next and all subsequent patches. I would get random reboots when doing a new event (like walking somewhere different, opening a mbx etc). One patch wouldn't even update without reboot, I had to install in safe mode.

I have tried new drivers, reinstalling the game etc and nothing seems to help. Nowadays, the problem has changed slightly. Instead of a reboot, the screen goes dead first (like in power saver) and after a few secs I get a beep from the PC.

Since I have had the problem, I have switched to a new mobo and GFX card. The problems still exists so I don't believe it's a hardware prob (could be memory,CPU or PSU I guess)

This happens at least once every few days now, usually after I just login. If I restart, delete the cache files and load WOW again it seems fine for the rest of the night. It has never happened more than once a session if I delete the files. This is, needless to say, very annoying. BLizz tech are useless so I figured I'd try some of the tech gurus here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom