The worst two weeks ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Ok so last week I spent $400 on my pc...

I bought windows xp home edition sp2 retail $200

I bought a new computer case $100

I bought a new power supply $100

And this week i will have to spend another $200

I just keep having a new problem to fix...

I have to get a new hard drive and a new motherboard...

My motherboard works fine except it has one pci express x16 slot that is coming loose...

My hard drive is fine till the windows xp logo screen comes up and then it beeps...

A HDD can't beep.

See if you can RMA the motherboard, if you haven't had it that long.

well its not a beeping sound its more of a click...

this happened a couple of times before while playing video games

The Click isnt a good sign. But I would also RMA that MOBO if you can. Can you try to superglue the PCI slot down.I've done this and it worked as ling as it hasnt lost its contact with the board.

My parents hate rmaing things...

Superglue can't hurt anything on the motherboard can it?

I have some but superglue just doesn't stay in one spot so it might end up getting on the board a little...

Superglue will not hurt electronics, but, if the slot comes loose enough and moves far enough to short out, then you are down a video card and motherboard.

Yeah, if the HDD is clicking, it's because the head is hitting something. Expect it to completely die shortly.

thanx...

My pci express slot isn't that loose...

I mean i can see it pulled away from the mobo a tad but i can't force it back...

Yesterday I hit my video card really hard and everything was fixed and today i came home from work played some games restarted my pc and thats what happened then...

But thanx man

nooooooooooooooooo...

I glued it and thought it was dry and my graphics card now has super glue on it...

Should i keep it on my card or take it off?

I found out a new problem with my mobo its now the pci express slot pin only one is bent...

How do i bend it back?

What do you mean the pin is bent? There is no pins in the PCI-e slot...

Superglue won't affect your card any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom