Worst Possible Thing that happened to my computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Worst Possible Thing that happened to my computer

Attachment 5336Attachment 5337Attachment 5338Attachment 5339Attachment 5340 So basically my I had to send in my computer to CyberPowerPc which are very good company to me and nothing like this ever happened except when i got my computer first the computer was all dented and I had to send it all back. But now i Sent it to them and they said it got shipping damaged they sent me pictures and thats not even my box and it looks like they basically took off the sticker off my box and taped it on their. No wonder it got all damaged when it was in that box to me I think someone dropped it and put it in their. Everythings damaged and its like Wow you can barely call it a computer now when everythings crapped up. Ill post some pictures in another Post. Luckily i had 500$ UPS insurance or to me I would be screwed. It's pretty sad that they would do this to me now UPS will have to inspect the package and hopefully I'll get a new computer or 500$ to another one and not this hunk of junk as refurbished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04550 (Medium).jpg (91.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04551 (Medium).jpg (94.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04553 (Medium).jpg (94.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04554 (Medium).jpg (94.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04560A (Medium).jpg (91.8 KB, 47 views)

Talyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Worst Possible Thing that happened to my computer

Attachment 5341Attachment 5342Attachment 5343Attachment 5344Attachment 5345 Heres some pictures of the serious damage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04562A (Medium).jpg (94.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04563A (Medium).jpg (95.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04564A (Medium).jpg (95.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04565A (Medium).jpg (98.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04568A (Medium).jpg (93.1 KB, 45 views)

Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Holy schnitzel... CyberPower should send you a replacement, and sue UPS.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Ghost

Holy BEEP! That's really bad! God if that happened to me I would got to their office and cause a riot lol
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post
Replacement for the computer, oh hell no, cpu damage, scratched up galore parts dangled up wires with fans all loose ?
If that indeed is his computer, I would highly advise him to tell them to give back the money if they are fully at fault.

Taylor if you get your money back, contact me with the part lists you had inside your computer and I'll try match it or do better then them.

I never had a whole computer come wrecked up to my house.
I have had one case and 3 main components earlier in the month came ruined by my doorstep and all hell broke loose when I begin to track down ups/newegg since it was for a local business.
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Wow, that's almost spectacular. You should definitely get it sorted with Origin/UPS as soon as you can.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post

It might not even be UPS Fault because orginally I sent it in a cyberpowerpc box and not a Azza Orion box like they did in the picture so for all we know someone could of dropped the computer and just put it in that azza orion box and taped the sticker on lol.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Techno-Thug View Post
Replacement for the computer, oh hell no, cpu damage, scratched up galore parts dangled up wires with fans all loose ?
If that indeed is his computer, I would highly advise him to tell them to give back the money if they are fully at fault.

Taylor if you get your money back, contact me with the part lists you had inside your computer and I'll try match it or do better then them.

I never had a whole computer come wrecked up to my house.
I have had one case and 3 main components earlier in the month came ruined by my doorstep and all hell broke loose when I begin to track down ups/newegg since it was for a local business.
Also the CPU Cooler and the Power Supply came from newegg so I dont know how im gonna handle this. If it turns out to be CyberPowerPc fault I hope they give me a new computer and upgrade a part through all the hastle I've been through
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyor View Post
Also the CPU Cooler and the Power Supply came from newegg so I dont know how im gonna handle this.

Sure you do, you know its not your fault period, they damaged 2 parts from another company, to be on the safe side call newegg customer support in the morning and explain to them the whole story.
If cyberpc is at fault you have them credit you in the mount for those parts.
Do not deal with the front end technical support guys because they'll try to avoid giving you back your money when they hear the word damaged goods and don't even know half the story that has been told

Did you by chance take a picture of your computer when it came and left ?
It'll be the key point to have it, if they can't determined whats yours or not,
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Techno-Thug View Post
Sure you do, you know its not your fault period, they damaged 2 parts from another company, to be on the safe side call newegg customer support in the morning and explain to them the whole story.
If cyberpc is at fault you have them credit you in the mount for those parts.
Do not deal with the front end technical support guys because they'll try to avoid giving you back your money when they hear the word damaged goods and don't even know half the story that has been told

Did you by chance take a picture of your computer when it came and left ?
It'll be the key point to have it, if they can't determined whats yours or not,
Sadly I Didn't I was hoping the UPS Store that I took it too would have a Security camera but they didn't. Also if the parts are damaged would cyberpowerpc credit those parts for me in cash or would I just ask them to get me parts like a corsair 700w and like a cpu cooler they have their. Thanks for the help man i think I'll give newegg a call