Hello, first of all i will start with my system:

6800LE AGP 256mb
2 gigs of ram pc3200
Pentium 4 1.72 -> 2.26ghz
Windows XP service pack two
Uptodate Nvidia drivers and Motherboard drivers
52gig free HD space
8 meg broadband bt connection

I use to play WoW on a 4400mx, and did not much have much of a problem with World of warcraft doing 40 person raids, since this upgrade i find it hard to move at all when doing a 40 person raid currently with 1-4 fps, and the average being 25 and is really beginning to affect my pleasure of the game, i know some one currently running a 6600 on 1 gig of ram and is not having the problem i currently am suffering, I have tryed formatting serveral times and dropping all my in-game settings, I was wondering if i could get some advice on this problem, which would be much appreciated.

Thank you

My performance on my Dell, also dropped a great deal when BC came out. I'm not sure what they did on the patch. It was time for an upgrade for me, so I just built my own system. Now it runs great

Are there any background processes running when you are playing that might be using resources??

Also, what kind of settings/resolution do you have set in-game?

Good question Ethereal_D. I assumed he had no additional processes after the reformat. Kyzou, I would definitely check the processes that are running when you're playing. Maybe even check the paging file size. You don't want too much, if any, coming from the HD. One more thing is to try to set the priority of the wow.exe to Real Time. That never worked for me, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom