won't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertige

Beta member
after pressing the power button, everything turns on (fans, lazer mouse, wireless keyboard lights, internal lights) and the monitor's signal light turns on but the screen remains black
if you need any more information, pls ask

So the monitor turns on but its getting no signal, sounds like a video card error. Make sure your card is in right and that it has power connections and the monitor connected to it. Post again if youve done that and it still doesnt work.

the monitor receives signal (the little light turns on) but still shows nothing... I tried another functional video card in its place and got the same problem so I'm fairly sure its not hte video card

I am having the same exact problem with a computer at work. Everything powers up, and the monitor comes out of power save mode, but no post. MB still beeping one time, and the keyboard lights flash three times. (Not sure if the keyboard did that before the problem) I have switched out Vid cards, still same problem. Switched monitors, same problem, also switched out power supply, same problem. ???

yea bcw thats my problem... if u figure it out from here or somewhere else or alone... let me kno pls

Reset the CMOS.

If that does not work, unattach everything from motherboard except CPU, RAM and Video card, and Try again.

If that does not work Take out RAM.

You should, if the motherboard is working correctly get RAM errors if the RAM is not present.

If it does work with only the CPU, RAM and Video card attached, start adding things till it doesn't work.

well it seems alot of people are haveing the same problem.
I am having a smiller problem but my monitor doesnt recieve a signal. I have tryed removeing everything except cpu. tryed different mobo's, different graphics cards and different monitors but still cant get anything not even dos so can some one help us all please??????????

heh... haven't tried it yet, but i think a new mobo will fix it.... my northbridge fan has been messed up for a lonnnng time but it never caused a problem... hopefully thats it cause im out of options

By the way, when that happend (no signal to monitor) to another system i had... it was the cpu... but i had dropped the system so i just needed to take it out and put it in properly again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom