Cheers, ill have ago at it!
1. Use AVG Rescue CD to boot your computer.
2. When the AVG Rescue CD is launched, select the Utilities -> File Manager menu item.
3. Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
4. Within this drive, navigate to the /Windows/system32/drivers/ folder.
- Rename (using the F6 key) all files starting with avg (e.g. avgldx86.sys, avgtdix.sys, etc.) to back them up. You can change their extension from .sys to .bak, for example.
5. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reboot the system (make sure to remove the AVG Rescue CD from your optical drive before doing so).
- Your system will boot without AVG being involved in the process.
So these are the steps on there site, im upto 3. Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
I cant find my /Windows/system32 bit...... Can anyone help?