Wont load up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So i left my laptop on when i went to sleep lastnight, and had to go out this morning, so i turnt it off, i went to turn it back on when i got home, and it just wont load up, it comes up with windows failed to shutdown ect ect, it says windows repair, or start windows normaly.

I have tryed both, but nothing happens, it loads to the background and just stops.

Laptop specs are

Acer Aspire 4820
intel i3 @2.5Ghz
4gb ram
250gb HD

Can anyoe help me try and fix this problem. otherwise ill have to take it to a shop, and really dont want to

How did you "turn it off"? Do you mean you shut it down?

Try going into safe mode, and then restart the computer into normal mode. It sounds odd, but it saved me several times.

How do i put it into safemode? it doesnt come up with that on the list, and yes i used the power button to shut it down, cause it crashed when i tryed useing the shutdown on the start, mybe this is why its doing it? :(

Restart your computer and press F8. If it didn't get it the first time, restart again but this time repeatedly press the F8 key.

Cheers, ill have ago at it!

1. Use AVG Rescue CD to boot your computer.

2. When the AVG Rescue CD is launched, select the Utilities -> File Manager menu item.

3. Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.

4. Within this drive, navigate to the /Windows/system32/drivers/ folder.
- Rename (using the F6 key) all files starting with avg (e.g. avgldx86.sys, avgtdix.sys, etc.) to back them up. You can change their extension from .sys to .bak, for example.

5. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reboot the system (make sure to remove the AVG Rescue CD from your optical drive before doing so).
- Your system will boot without AVG being involved in the process.

So these are the steps on there site, im upto 3. Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.

I cant find my /Windows/system32 bit...... Can anyone help? :(

Are there any other devices listed under the /mnt/ folder? It'll be one of them, not necessarily sda1. Just go into each of them until you find the Windows folder.

C:/Windows/System32

These are folders not files.

He's using a LiveCD it sounds like, so there won't be a "C:\Windows\System32" if its Linux.

Ive gone into /mnt looked in /sda, /sda1, /sda2, /sda3

and theres no /windows in any of them!
*EDIT*

Under the /mnt theres /opt, i see /avg, /bin and /lib im guessing its the /avg one?

should i just delete the whole file?

And yes, im useing the cd-type :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom