wont go out of stand bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram

Solid State Member
i have a pIII compaq deskpro computer i was using it and it stopped working the tower still working but no pic
i tried to put new grapghics card, monitor is ok,
i want to a comp place they said it was my memory card i put a new one worked great for about 30 mins then nothing again
Please help me figure this out

When the computer is booting, press the "F" keys and Delete at the same time, and go into the setup to make sure everything is working.

I did try that but it wont give me no screen of right from the begining

for a reason your pc going standby and freeze, or going hibernate and freeze. try to check out this settings in screen saver tab (under power).
if there is nothing strange in there or the problem still persists, then you go to a hardware problem.

Doesn't sound like standbye, sounds more like the monitor isn't getting a video signal. It's probally the motherboard or CPU dying.

Could be the PSU aswell.

it is getting a signal as soon as i unplug it it says no signal but when i plug it back in iand try to power it on it wont turn give me no screen i cant go into no settings since i get a dead screen from the start what i dont understand is why witht the new card it workd then it died again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom