Re: Won't Boot Up
OK, these are my troubleshooting steps:
1. 1st computer: Reset the bios by the jumper method and took out the 3V battery, still was stuck in a boot loop.
2. Took out the hard drive from the 1st computer which would not boot up and put into my other desktop which I know works fine (Mobo, ram, etc). The hard drive from the 1st computer worked fine in my other desktop and the "start windows normally screen" went away, so I think it could be the following problems:
- Faulty power supply, it's only 430W and its over 4 yrs old, plus it is running a core 2 duo, graphics card, looks like a tv tuner also.
- RAM, but the bios said the RAM looked fine.
- Mobo...but not sure how to check this.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
-AMD Phenon X2 555
-Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150
-Patriot Sector 5 DDR3-1333 (4GB)
-Rosewill 500W PSU