Status
Not open for further replies.

jairic

Baseband Member
CLIENT MAC ADDR: lot'sa numbers here
PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PSE-MOF: Exiting pxe ROM.
No bootable device -- instert boot disk and press any key

So, I have no idea what's going on with this thing. I'm still in my first year of college and nothing like this has come up. There is no disk in the disk drive, the hdd is plugged in and everything. Anyone know what's going on with this thing?

If the drive is still good then check the boot order in the bios setup to see if the cd rom option is set as the first and only boot device. Try setting the first and only device to hard drive to force boot from the hard drive itself to see if that did go on you there.

Sounds like it is trying to boot from the nic first then removeable media next. Check the bios and make sure it is booting from HDD first.

Best suggestion would be to try to boot to the CD, go to the recovery console, do chkdsk -r, then fixboot, then fixmbr. Failing that, a repair install.

If the hard drive went that won't be any good there. First checking the boot order to see how that's set and seeing what is seen then.

If the drive is found to be working but seeing a corrupted boot record then repair commands are the first step there. Another thought of course is seeing if the data cable is now no longer usable. The flat ribbon type is known for that as well as seeing glitches come up in the boot info.

CLIENT MAC ADDR: lot'sa numbers here
PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PSE-MOF: Exiting pxe ROM.
No bootable device -- instert boot disk and press any key

So, I have no idea what's going on with this thing. I'm still in my first year of college and nothing like this has come up. There is no disk in the disk drive, the hdd is plugged in and everything. Anyone know what's going on with this thing?

I'm not being funny, but a big cause of this, is if you start your pc up, with a floppy disc in it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom