Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitetiger84

Beta member
I just moved my computer to a new case. I'm certain I hooked everything up correctly. It doesn't seem to want to work though. When I start the computer it shows "Foxconn" which is the brand of my motherboard. However, it does not go beyond that point and I cannot enter bios. What could possibly be wrong? There are no visible signs of damage to my motherboard or CPU and I've reseated everything a few times. All the fans are running.

I have a foxconn m61pmv motherboard and a ATI Radeon sapphire video card hooked up as well as a HDD and DVD/CD drive.

I have already tried taking off the motherboard battery and reseating all the different parts as well as unplugging all the other parts and trying to just run the motherboard to complete the BIOS. Its not working.

What kind of issues could it be having and what are the possible solutions?

Could be a HDD or RAM problem. Try taking off the HDD. If no change, try running on one stick of RAM.

Are you sure the standoffs are in the right places?

Pretty sure everything is hooked up right. Attempting to unhook the HDD and trying the Ram one at a time seems to have no effect. I feel like maybe the HDD is hooked up right, but its serial ATA. It just requires that and the power cable, yes? I did notice the SATA cable seems loose in comparison to another SATA cable I have. Maybe the cable is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom