Wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvbutler

Solid State Member
My computer will not boot from a cd... i have set the options to only boot from cd and nothing else and it gives me a PXE ROM error then it says please insert a system disk. The disks I tried were windows vista and windows xp pro. Motherboard: MSI P695 Neo, Processor 2.13 core 2 duo E6400, Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, 1GB Patriot RAM. I have booted from a cd before when i was installing xp for the fist time on my hd a couple of months ago. I don't know why its not working now, any ideas?

yeah ive done that, it boots the hard drive i just cant get it to boot from a cd. But the bios recognizes the cd drive on power up... it just wont boot.

Try to boot from that same Windows cd that you used to install. If it boots, then it may be the cds.

One of my old comps does not like my friends burner or media, and will not boot from it. So i need to put it on another comp that can read it , take the data off and reburn it. Worked great after that.

So if you can boot off the install cd, try some new media or a diff burner on the other ones.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom